We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategy for quality coordination and testing as well as suggesting solutions to identified quality problems.
You’ll be working in an agile environment and it will be expected that you’ll contribute to continues delivery of high quality software.
With K2 being cloud first, your goal is to ensure that products meet requirements in terms of specifications, quality, reliability, usability, security and performance.
- Ensure that software shipped to the market is free of major bugs
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts as needed
- Manually perform system testing from beginning to end of the software development lifecycle including acceptance, end-to-end, regression, integration, functional and non-functional testing.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products.
- Investigate product quality in order to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction
- Plan, create and manage the overall Quality Planning strategy
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure consistent project execution
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement
- Oversee continuous improvement projects
- Collect quality data
- Identify key KPIs for product quality
- Build content that can be used to upskill others in QA patterns and practices in line with K2 Apps as needed
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of experience in quality assurance and testing methodologies
- Deep understanding of the software development and QA life cycle processes (including test planning, test case design, execution, bug tracking and reporting)
- Experienced in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) software development methodologies
- Experience testing web and mobile applications
- Product / industry specific experience preferred
- SQL server / other related database experience preferred.
- Automated testing technologies: Selenium, Cucumber, Expresso or similar technologies.
- MS Development technologies: C# is preferred
- Working knowledge of developing and executing test plans
- Ability to write test code in an object-oriented language such as C#, or Java
- Ability to be flexible and work interchangeably with various Microsoft platforms which include server-based web applications, data silo integration, etc.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Energetic, motivated and innovative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to take ownership and function under stressful situations.