We are looking for a QA Specialist with a strong quality mindset and technical background that will be responsible for making sure we're delivering a high-quality product. Candidate must have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures of the software development life cycle. The main aim of the position is to ensure that products meet the requirements in terms of specifications, quality, reliability, usability, and performance. This position is great for someone who is interested in learning more about test automation and growing that skill set.
What you’ll be doing as a member of our team:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Participate in design and architectural discussions.
- Collaborate with product owners and stakeholders to identify high-value areas to test.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test suites and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs & defects.
- Perform thorough functional testing.
- Design, develop and execute automation.
- Develop applications based on K2’s App Dev Standards to have a thorough understanding of how apps should behave and perform.
- Build content that can be used to share with others for example contribute towards QA patterns and practices in line with K2 development standards.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of professional software QA experience
- Understanding of the software development and QA life cycle processes (including test planning, test case design, execution, bug tracking and reporting)
- Experienced in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Agile development methodology experience.
- SQL server and other related database experience.
- An understanding of testing full stack solutions (DB, services and UI)
- Experience testing Web Services (REST APIs preferred), Swagger for testing API and/or other test tools/frameworks.
- Deep understanding of multiple types of functional testing for example smoke, regression and manual testing.
- Familiarity with automated functional testing.
- Logical problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Energetic, motivated and innovative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to take ownership and function within a team.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Some experience implementing and maintaining test automation.
- Programming experience with .NET C# preferred.
- Ability to develop test tools/frameworks in scripting and/or object-oriented languages (PowerShell, C#, etc.)