At K2, Systems Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to ensure reliability and uptime of critical systems that underpin the product development operations, while also keeping a watchful eye on the quality and state of our software release pipelines.
As an SRE you will build your own creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing and extending existing code, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. We use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. Practices such as blameless postmortems and proactive identification of issues factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Improve operations by conducting system analysis, recommend changes in policies and procedures.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues.
- Update job knowledge by studying state of the art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, read professional publications.
- Any adhoc duty that may be assigned to you from time to time.
- IT related degree or equivalent education.
- Working experience in a software development environment.
- .Net framework knowledge and experience.
- MS SQL Server or related database system experience.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years’ software development experience.
- Experience in source control technologies including TFS and Git.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Exposure to Office365, Azure, MS SharePoint, MS CRM.