The Global Marketing Leader will report to K2’s CEO and serve as a key member of the executive team. This position will have responsibilities for leading the global marketing organization, partnering with internal stakeholders and engaging the external market – including key customers, the media and industry analysts. While responsible for developing a long-range marketing strategy for the company, key will be quickly applying leading-edge marketing tactics that generate and drive demand to achieve the company’s goals and objectives.
Top priorities for the Global Marketing Leader:
- Be the driving force behind focusing K2’s market positioning, messaging and value proposition globally.
- Drive a comprehensive Digital Marketing strategy that begins with a commitment to SEO and a market-leading website that provides the user a compelling experience that both informs and teaches, provides thought leadership, and provokes a strong call to action for digital process automation. Execution will include customer acquisition and retention campaigns leveraging digital marketing automation tools and provocative content marketing that powers demand generation from both new customers and expansion within existing customers.
- Team closely with Sales to execute a measurable, results-driven demand generation process – needs to have clear understanding and familiarity of measuring all stages of the funnel leading to Sales-Accepted-Opportunities and ultimately Closed/Won deals.
- Drive adoption, expansion, advocacy and community participation through the recruitment of customers globally, enabling them to be advocates of K2.
- Take K2’s messaging to the next level. Build a strong position and awareness in the market through crystal clear messaging that resonates with technical and business users alike.
- Drive and manage digital marketing activities including web-presence, lead-generation, and viral digital marketing programs.
- Increase customer advocacy. Produce innovative approaches to improve the sharing and democratization of customer stories, increasing both the quantity and quality of customer testimonials and maximizing the syndication of each customer story across various marketing channels, assets and activities.
- Working closely with sales, build first-class demand generation and customer acquisition programs and monitor the effectiveness of such activities.
- Define the vision for the global corporate marketing organization, including corporate communications, and field marketing.
- Be a category creator. Support Product and Sales on analyst relationships (PR/AR) to drive K2’s position as a visionary leader and disrupter in new market categories through multiple avenues including proper speaking engagements and publication of thought leadership materials.
- Further develop the K2 brand through the gathering of intelligence on what is critical to the customer and tying it to how K2 frames its identity and value proposition.
- Lead the operational marketing activities including improving effectiveness and efficiency of marketing activities.
- Develop, execute, and own all corporate materials (web-site, investor presentations, etc.)
- Lead all demand-generation activities with an eye toward metrics and data.
- Develop and manage marketing budgets and direct overall marketing activities with strong expense management for worldwide marketing operations.
- Provide Marketing leadership and communication within other departments including; Sales, Services, Technical Support, Product Management, and Engineering. This includes providing feedback to the development organization regarding validation of customer needs, feature and product requirements.
- Participate in the management and direction of the company as a member of the Leadership Team.
- Lead the marketing team by example and through training, coaching, and counseling.
Skills & Personal Characteristics
- Experience leading marketing in a VP level role at an enterprise application or platform SaaS company that sells globally.
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of professional marketing & management experience and will have a successful track record of building and leading a global corporate team within a well-regarded and branded technology company.
- This executive should have experience working in a highly fragmented industry with proven success for positioning their company as a leader in its category.
- Must have experience marketing a platform with broad applicability and be able to discern which markets will be most profitable for K2.
- A results-oriented executive with an analytical bent who is current in all marketing automation and analytic tools needed to track marketing ROI.
- The candidate should be technically astute either through experience or education. The Global Marketing Leader will need to partner closely with sales, product management, and engineering to create a strong and collaborative partnership that will ensure success in product roadmap, competitive positioning, market awareness and sales execution.
- Background in both structured corporate environments as well as entrepreneurial environments is important.
- History of retaining, developing, motivating and mentoring a marketing team capable of setting and meeting ambitious goals.
- A succinct communicator. A person adept at distilling complex themes or issues concisely.