We are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to support K2’s CEO and Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
The ideal Executive Assistant candidate will have experience providing high efficiency, proactive support with the ability to adjust direction in response to shifting priorities. Must have strong attention to detail, the ability to self-direct, organizational and project management skills, demonstrated initiative, a strong work ethic and the ability to communicate effectively with others. Must also uphold the highest level of integrity and business professionalism and deal with highly sensitive data with absolute confidentiality. Executive Assistance will additionally manage the Bellevue Headquarters office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing a complex calendar with attention to accuracy, timeliness and ensuring the schedule aligns with CEO and SLT’s priorities and commitments.
- Planning and coordinating a high number of domestic and international travel plans end-to-end including the proactive anticipation of any and all logistics and itineraries.
- Representing the executive professionally including effectively communicating on his behalf within the company and externally
- Execute special projects and orchestrate events, effectively partnering with cross-functional and external teams and managing deadline pressures while providing proactive updates. Ensure that budgets are managed as effectively as possible.
- Support and provide guidance to team regarding corporate policies, space planning, and other relevant matters
- Preparing and reconciling expense reports to ensure timely processing.
- Ensures operation of executive’s equipment and workspace
- Coordinate weekly SLT meetings including resource site(s), minutes and follow-up
- Oversee and manage building space and daily operations of the Headquarters office, including but not limited to:
- Manage Bellevue-based Front Office Coordinator
- Maintain the appearance of office and community spaces
- Planning events and meetings for the office, including catering needs
- Manage office supply inventory
- Manage and support phone and mail systems
- Mentor global Office Support teams
- Minimum of 10 years’ demonstrated experience as an Executive Assistant, with at least 5 years supporting senior executives
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a high-growth, technology company
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in global teams
- Advanced level experience with Microsoft Office tools
- Experience with Concur (travel and expense) is preferred
- Have excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning and time management skills. An ability to work independently, deal with ambiguity, and solve routine problems proactively and effectively. The aptitude for adapting to changing circumstances.
- Exercise sound judgment, tact, diplomacy, integrity and professionalism in all interactions. Possess a high level of self-awareness and intrinsic appreciation for the value that admins provide.
- An aptitude to work independently without significant oversight or instruction to achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Work successfully in a team environment, building effective working relationships inside and outside of the group, accommodating work styles and perspectives of diverse individuals.
- Proven track record of excellent judgment, problem resolution, teamwork, negotiation, budgeting and analytical skills, decision-making skills, and the ability to work under pressure required.
- Have a strong sense of urgency