K2 is seeking an experienced and passionate Customer Advocacy Manager to lead and drive K2’s Customer Advocacy Program. This will include evolving the strategy of the program and executing on the vision, as well as assisting the overall marketing team. The ideal person for this role is passionate about customer experience and storytelling with the ability to not only set strategy, but also drive execution – and it’s of paramount importance that you understand the difference between the two.
The manager will be a critical member of the Global Marketing team. Primary responsibilities of this position are to grow K2’s customer advocate base and to evangelize our customer’s success stories through a variety of creative ways and to a broad audience of potential customers, influencers and the broader market as a whole. Priorities for the role will be to work with teams across K2, including marketing, sales, customer success, channel, product, engineering and other stakeholders to infuse the customer story into everything we do.
Skills and characteristics that will impact success for this position include: understanding of marketing strategies and components of strong story telling; tested project management skills; thorough understanding of technology and marketing in a B2B environment; strong written and oral communication skills; a cooperative, ability to create customer stories across a number of mediums including written and video; demonstrated ability to collaborate and work well with various stakeholders, both internal and external to K2.
Responsibilities – What you’ll be doing as a member of our team:
- Build relationships with customers globally to be advocates of K2 and manage high-touch reference relationships for strategic customers.
- Work cross-functionally to develop strategies and produce innovative approaches to create and promote customer stories across various marketing channels, assets and activities including events, webinars and PR/AR engagements.
- Recruit and create customer advocates that are willing to share their positive reviews about K2 in third-party review platforms such as G2 Crowd, Trust Radius, Gartner Peer Insights, etc.
- Build a scalable customer reference program and be able to deliver value to a variety of internal and external stakeholder audiences, including up to the executives.
- Interface with sales to analyze their strategy and advise them on how/when to use references.
- Create customer advocacy deliverables, including: written, video and peer-to-peer customer stories, press releases, quotes, business and technical case studies, social media promotions and presentations.
- Secure Customers for videos and written case studies
- Develop video content around customer advocates from storyboards and scripts to testimonials to editing and polishing the finished product
- Partner with the Community team to promote customer content in community and user groups.
- Accelerate the number of reviews posted about K2 on various peer-to-peer review sites (e.g. G2 Crowd, Gartner Peer Insights, Trust Radius, etc.) with a steadily rising average rating.
- Work closely with product teams to provide customer feedback and inject “the customer voice” into various product planning activities.
- Lead the formulation and ongoing tracking of customer advocacy programs, with the ability to run multiple programs at one time.
- Effectively leverage various reporting tools and other internal data points to find potential customer references.
- Set achievable customer expectations and take responsibility to meet them.
Skills you’ll bring to the table:
- Captivating storyteller.
- Instinctively collaborative.
- Intuitively curious.
- Understand the value of video and how to utilize this medium as a way to tell customer stories.
- Strong project management skills
- Professional and able to represent the company to customers
- Natural tendency to build new things, simplify existing things and apply new approaches to old things to constantly improve.
- Extensive writing, editing and proofing skills.
- Experience with video/visual storytelling (including pre and post production)
- Tested project management and time management skills.
- Flexible, intuitive, determined and bold personality that can naturally manage complex internal and external relationships, and understand the delicate balance between both.
- Ability to generate ideas and implement solutions with minimal guidance or oversight.
- Profound written and oral communications skills.
- Able to set your own priorities in a complex and demanding environment, with little supervision.
- Working knowledge of peer-to-peer business software reviews platforms (e.g. G2 Crowd, Gartner Peer Insights, Trust Radius, Capterra, etc.).
Qualifications to be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree – preference on degrees in Marketing and/or Communications, though open to all depending on individual experience and perspective.
- Required to have experience in sales, marketing and/or communications, particularly in the technology industry. (Significant bonus points for those with experience managing a successful customer advocacy program.)
- Experience with Video Production
- Experience writing Case Studies
- Experience writing Press Releases
- We’re looking for someone with 3+ years of the above experience – though years alone is not all we measure, those with fewer years but a lot of experience will be considered.