K2 (www.k2.com) is a software company, headquartered in Seattle and with offices around the world.
At K2 we are passionate about enabling our customers to reach their goals. Our technology provides a robust workflow platform for digital process automation and a low code-no code designer that enables non-developers to build apps quickly. Our SmartObjects allow connections to multiple 3rd party data sources enabling apps, data and actions to flow seamlessly together.
K2 is seeking an Analyst Relations (AR) global leader to build, lead and execute a strategic program supporting our K2 enterprise low-code development platform. As the AR lead for K2, you will have the opportunity to engage with industry analysts to both establish K2’s thought leadership in their reports and research and also integrate analyst insights back into company strategy. To be successful, you have a passion for the low-code market, customers, and love driving and influencing strategy and redefining best practices.
The K2 AR leader will be closely tied to both product and business leaders across the company, and have a keen understanding of that business' challenges, goals, and the market. Successful candidates must be comfortable building AR programs that drive analyst awareness and education for the business. The right candidates possess communications and relevant industry experience, with a track-record of successfully managing programs on a global scale – this includes the ability to quickly understand business challenges or technical topics, successfully deliver on numerous collaborative projects, and manage day-to-day operations related to AR program activities in a global organization.
The ideal candidates are motivated by learning in a highly creative and dynamic culture where they will need to participate in the challenge of breaking new ground and redefining best practices. In this role, the candidate will have a direct opportunity to create K2 AR programs and measure results via new approaches. They must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while working independently, sorting through ambiguously defined problems, and identifying market challenges and opportunities for our customers.
This role will be ideally based in the greater Seattle, WA area but open to qualified candidates in other US locations.
What you will do here:
- Build strategic AR Programs that deliver results through structured analyst engagement such as analyst briefings, inquiries, presentations, reporting, and other core programs.
- Develop and maintain ongoing strong relationships with industry analysts and drive awareness of K2’s products, its customers, and offerings to significantly expand analyst understanding of the unique K2 approach in the market.
- Develop an overall strategy and plan for influencing industry analysts; successfully manage K2 involvement in key research instruments (such as Gartner Vendor Rating, Magic Quadrants and Forrester Waves) as well as analyst articles, blogs and social content.
- Assist internal K2 subject matter experts/spokespeople in preparing content tailored for an analyst audience; provide counsel on approach, key messages and strategies for obtaining optimal analyst opinion of K2 and gaining advice and feedback for decision-making.
- Prioritize and manage incoming requests for information, research review, customer references, event speakers, and research. Maintain repository on internal analyst data and responses.
- Coordinate program execution with other disciplines such as Communications and events when appropriate. Run analyst programs at global K2 events.
- Strategically engage with analysts to bring insights to K2 stakeholders in product, marketing and sales on analyst views of the market and competition. Educate internal stakeholders on analyst views and AR resources available to them.
- Will require periodic domestic and international travel up to 10-25% annually.
- Strong relationship building and management skills.
- Excellent communications, writing and project management skills
- Deep experience and knowledge of customer go-to-market engines, communications, AR, and/or marketing experience
- 5+ years of communications/product marketing/public relations/analyst relations experience in the tech industry
- 3+ years experience building and owning a communications program in the tech industry
- A strong critical-thinking mind with the ability to quickly locate, dissect and relay key information.
- A self-starter—with the ability to work independently and in ambiguous and changing environment.
- Excellent prioritization, strategic planning and project management skills
- Candidates should have a proven track record of cross-group collaboration, the ability to influence executives, corporate and field teams, business maturity and grace under pressure.
- Passionate, results-driven and organized approach, with an attention to detail.
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing or information technology.
- Broad marketing and or technology program management experience preferred
- Previous experience in cloud or SaaS via product programs or a marketing role
- Clearly understand technology and can abstract business/solution value
- Capable of understanding highly competitive market landscapes and strategically positioning differentiation to the analyst community.